Unlock Aid Internships
Unlock Your Career in Advocacy & Global Development
Working in global development is an exciting and rewarding career path, but while the sector is full of high-impact opportunities, there are many outdated strategies and large organizations that don’t reflect the urgency of the moment. You can play role in changing that, in unlocking the value in global development for millions of those who need it most.
Unlock Aid is a brand new organization with a start-up environment. Interns will work closely with the Executive Director, member organizations and the rest of the team to develop and execute high-impact advocacy campaigns that make global development more effective.
We are currently hiring for two paid internships focused on:
- Designing-forward social content. This person thinks visually and is able to crack open Canva or similar tools to create graphics that help communicate policy ideas in simple ways. Day-to-day responsibilities include participation in content brainstorming sessions, maintaining Twitter and other social presences, engagement with followers, curating and reporting on influencers in the space and drafting the regular newsletter. (Please submit an example of some kind of graphic you’ve produced to explain a complex idea — can be something you used a template to produce, something you made from scratch, etc.)
- Researching/Writing: Our work deals with policy and that can involve a gnarly amount of research, both in terms of what think tanks and other analysts think, as well as the prime source materials published by organizations like USAID. On top of that, we’re doing more research in the open data space, looking through spending and impact numbers to draw insights that will make development more effective. An intern doesn’t need to come in with crazy data experience, but this is an example of the skills you will develop through collaboration with our team and members. (Please submit a writing sample — can be an article, something from a class, etc. along with your application.)
Since we are a virtual organization, interns can be located anywhere in the world. This position pays $25/hour, with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or masters degree (or international equivalent)
- Ability to work virtually in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of comfort with digital connection technologies, from videoconferencing to social media
- Strong interest and moderate understanding of the global development sector
- Ability to be a team player and have fun
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Individuals from countries that receive foreign aid are encouraged to apply.