North Star & Policy Papers
Our North Star: Our world’s current, collective effort to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals does not operate with the urgency, flexibility and innovation required to succeed. Established systems perpetuate the status quo, pay for activities rather than results, and underutilize high-impact technologies and strategies that have enormous potential to address inequities and improve outcomes. Climate change, pandemics and humanitarian crises accelerate our rapidly closing window of opportunity and we must act now.
Unlock Aid channels the power of committed individuals and innovative organizations from around the world to maximize the value of public resources, driving reforms of institutions with global reach to identify and scale solutions for the world’s most challenging problems.
United States & USAID
We want to help transform USAID to become the most results-oriented, innovative aid organization in the world.
- Here are some of our policy ideas regarding the way forward. We welcome your feedback on what’s missing.
- Click here to see the white paper we shared with USAID on January 31 regarding its proposed localization capacity development policy.
- Click here to see our recent innovation white paper (published 5/25), outlining barriers that many innovators experience working with global development funders.
We’re also working on global policy agenda and would love your help putting it together. Please get in contact to share your ideas with us. At a minimum, we need to:
- Significantly increase innovation funding to rapidly incubate new ideas and scale up proven ones
- Streamline procurement rules to make it easier to work with locally-led organizations, new partners, and technology innovators
- Build pro-innovation, 21st-century workforces
- Promote radical transparency in contracting and procurement